Saturday, April 28, 2012

Strawberry Cupcakes

Third times a charm!

I absolutely love anything with strawberries.. and of course I love strawberry cupcakes! But I've tried making strawberry cupcakes two times already and they did not turn out that well. There was always something wrong. So this third time, I was determined to fix whatever mistake I made and make something delicious. 

I used the same egg-less chocolate recipe Leah and I posted before, because I thought the flavors of the chocolate cake would go well with the strawberry frosting. The strawberry frosting was something I sort of put together as I went along, and surprising it came out pretty well..not to mention it's gorgeous light pink hue.

Here are the ingredients that you need:

  • Cream Cheese - 2 tablespoons
  • Butter - 1 stick
  • Fresh Strawberries - about 5 strawberries, pureed in a food processor 
  • Confectioner's Sugar - 3 cups
  • Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Milk - 1/2 teaspoon
  1. Cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
  2. Add two cups of confectioner's sugar and mix well.
  3. Add one tablespoon of the pureed strawberries at a time.
  4. Add the rest of the confectioner's sugar to get a thick enough consistency.


When you add the strawberry puree, don't add too much at a time. I think that's the mistake I made before. I added too much strawberry at once without mixing and the frosting began to turn grainy in texture. So with each tablespoon addition, mix well and check the frosting's consistency!

 This picture doesn't do a great job of showing the light pink color of the frosting, but I promise that the frosting will be pink! If you want a darker shade of pink you could always add some food coloring!




1 comment: